Expansion and Renovation
Cameron, shows everbody how
to really do a ground breaking!
The renovation and expansion of Penrickton Center was completed in 2001. The cost for this project was just over $2.1 million dollars. This project was funded entirely through charitable donations from individuals, service clubs, corporations and foundations.
On November 14, 2008 a Mortgage Burning Party was held. This completed the funding for this extensive project. However, we still have to update many facets of our building. If you would like to help, please contact Penrickton Center for more information.
Cameron Burns the Mortgage!
The existing building was constructed in 1955 and expanded modestly in 1983. It required an extensive overhaul and updating to bring it up to current standards of safety, efficient operation and handicap accessibility.
Our New Building:
- Allows more children to be served in our 5-day residential program-up to 33 children.
- Doubled the bathing facilities and also made them handicap accessible.
- Doubled the size of our multi-purpose play room.
- Added 3 track systems for mobility training.
- Added 11 swing set systems that are cantilevered from the play room walls.
- Added a much needed family meeting room.
- Added much need 3 therapy rooms.
- Completely updated electrical, plumbing and heating systems.
- Added a Community Meeting Room for groups and organizations to use.